Monday, September 8, 2008

You say your beard and your hair have been growing for 3 weeks

And here is why:
the millions of little orange capsules
you cloaked and swallowed,
the tons of times you said this
but the reality was that,
the lots of my care taking
you took for granted.

Believe me when I say:
I think of you sitting among
concrete, some metals, and the illest of men,
and my insides push so hard on my outsides
I wonder how much more this skin can take.

Your days in summary:
asleep by 8 awake by 3,
a balanced but small meal for a man,
reading for the second time,
scared for the first.
I still hope for the best, the greater grand for you.

2 comments:

erica said...

jesus christ, sarah. saddest thing i've ever read. but i love it.

erica said...

i re-read this today... and it still makes me so sad.